Please be aware that our menu changes every day and this is only an example of the style and type of food that we serve. To find out if a dish is on today’s menu, call us on 01661 843 607.
- House Aperitifs Orange zinger- Seville orange syrup, orange bitters
- Durham gin, soda and ice £5.50
- Durham gin and fentiman’s tonic £4
- Prosecco and elderflower cocktail £6.90
- Local roe deer and pork pate, toast and pickles
- Carrot and fennel soup, coriander crème fraiche V
- Traditionally garnished Scottish smoked salmon
- Northumbrian cheese rarebit, rhubarb chutney V
- Boiled Wylam guinea fowl eggs, anchovy mayonnaise and rainbow radishes
- Roast rib of 38 day aged Haydon bridge beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, honeyed parsnips, braised red cabbage, Madeira gravy and horseradish. Beef is served pink.
- Slow roast Ravensworth grange middle white pork, buttered carrots, minted peas and runner bean, roast potatoes, real ale gravy, apple sauce
- Beer battered North Sea fish, chunky chips, mushy peas, tartar sauce.
- Grilled North Sea hake, samphire veloute, heritage new potatoes, buttered spinach.
- Spinach, mushroom and Lancashire cheese pie, heritage new potatoes, herb salad V
- Raspberry and almond tart, clotted cream – a glass of Italian Aleatico Medieval style dessert wine £6.50
- Burnt Northumbrian cream – a glass of Muscat de Rivsaltes £6.50
- Apple and rhubarb crumble, vanilla custard – a glass of Pedro Ximenez £4.50
- Hedley blackcurrant and meringue ice cream sundae– a glass of Corte Alta pink fizz £6.25
- Dark chocolate brownie, vanilla ice cream– a glass of South African red Muscadel £
- Food allergies and intolerances. Before ordering please speak to our staff about your requirements. We make all our own food and can tell you the ingredients of each dish, however we do not have the required processes in place to prevent cross contamination. Game can contain SHOT!
£16.50 for one course
£21.25 for two courses
£24.50 for three courses (tea or coffee included with three courses)
V denotes vegetarian option.